To help us provide the best care possible, the following is a list of required and suggested items to pack for your pet’s boarding or daycare visit.
- Pets can be sensitive to changes in diet, especially with the added stress of being away from home, so it is important that they continue with their own food.
- Please bring all food in plastic containers that are well labelled with your pet’s name.
- If your pet requires additional food beyond what you have provided, Companions will purchase the same food, at the expense of the owner. If for some reason we cannot purchase the same food, we will do our best to find an equivalent diet.
- There is no need to bring your pet’s food dishes as we will provide these.
Flea & Tick Prevention
- We strongly recommend all dogs and cats be on a Veterinary-Approved flea prevention from April to November, but not limited to these months.
- Due to the risk of ticks we recommend that dogs be on Veterinary-Approved tick prevention, but it is not mandatory.
- If your pet is found to have a flea infestation they will be taken to a licensed Veterinarian for appropriate treatment at the owner’s expense. There may also be a cleaning fee to have the fleas removed from the environment.
- If your pet is not on Veterinary-Approved flea prevention please know that they could be at risk of fleas and Companions cannot be held responsible.
- All Pets must have up to date vaccinations given at least 14 days prior to their stay.
- The team at Companions are happy to assist with administering medications during your pet’s stay. Please make sure all prescriptions are in a child-proof, plastic container labeled from your Veterinarian with all instructions.
- Please note that if your pet requires medications more frequently than every 12 hours, or at hours outside the normal working hours at Companions, there may be an additional fee.
- We will be unable to accept any intact female dogs during their heat cycle. When female dogs are in heat their pheromones will cause male dogs to bark and urinate excessively.
- We ask that all pets be in good health and free of any contagious diseases to the best of your knowledge when arriving at Companions.
- All male cats must be neutered by the age of 7 months.
- If you know your cat is positive for either Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) or Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) please let us know in advance so we can protect our other guests.
- We provide raised Kuranda beds for dogs and blankets for cats.
- We encourage you to bring a small bed or blanket from home for your pet’s comfort.
- Please do not bring anything too large to be washed or of high sentimental value.
- We ask that your dog’s collar fit securely to help prevent them from slipping out.
- Feel free to bring a special toy or treat if needed.